Wednesday, May 20, 2009

TCPTUES59

This week's TCP Tuesday challenge is hosted by Carole, who provided a sketch for us to follow.

I have a hard time using patterned paper, because getting them to match stamped images and getting them to match colors of ink or pencil does not always work for me. I also don't like cards that look too busy. The layout of the card was begging for patterned paper, so I stepped out of my comfort zone. I do like the way this card turned out.

The card I made will be for my sister and her husband's wedding anniversary, which is next week. My sister quilts, so she may like the 4 different swatches of paper.




Stuff used:
Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas "Birds of a Feather" from the "Hearts & Flowers" set; sentiment from Rubber Cottage
Paper: 4 patterned paper all from BasicGrey's LillyKate 6x6 pad; Stampin' Up Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, and Whisper White cardstock
Ink: Versafine Onxy Black, Prismacolor pencils, Prismacolor Cold Stone marker
Other: Ribbon from Jo Ann, petite circles nestabilities, dimensional foam dots for bird layer

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

I think they will love it! The patterned paper looks really cool and I like the birds. :-)

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fabulous, Alice! Love the colors and I need to get those birds inky, myself! Thanks for playing with us!!