Saturday, May 2, 2009

Greenleaf Day 20 - not much

Today was not very productive, miniature-wise, but I can claim that I worked on my shack because I glued one cabinet piece to other cabinet pieces.

We were out the door before 8:30 this morning so we could head to Spokane to attend The Great Train Expo, which was held at the fairgrounds. "Great" was a misnomer. Boy, what a waste of $14.00. (2 adults tickets at $7.00 each) It was more like a swap meet, since most of the vendors were trying to sell old crap. Even the two display layouts were not worth viewing. One was G scale (with no landscaping to speak of) and one was O scale. Yawn.

We did buy some tools at one booth which belonged to a real vendor. We bought some nifty little clamps, some paint brushes, and some diamond-plated reamers. Ed also bought some tiny wire from another vendor who was selling new DCC (digital controls for model railroads) stuff. Then we headed outta there and went to have lunch at Schlotsky's. Yum.

After that we went to Target (I wish we had one closer than 90 miles away) and to Harbor Freight Tools. Most of the stuff at Harbor Freight is junk, but we did find some potentially useful stuff, including clamps. These were the same clamps we found at the train show, but in pretty colors instead of black, and they cost less! So, we bought more. Maybe I will put the psychedelic colored ones with my tools and Ed can put the black ones with his tools. We both like clamps. Actually, half of the fancy brass bar clamps in my tool box were Ed's, but I laid claim to them because I use them more often. If he needs them, he knows where to find them.

We also stopped by Hastings to look for used DVD's. The cashier made my day by calling me "miss" instead of "ma'am".

Today's favorite tool: clamps, since it the only tool I used today, other than a toothpick to apply some glue to the part that got clamped.

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

Too bad the train show was a bummer. At least you got more clamps! :-)