Thursday, May 28, 2009

Greenleaf Day 46 - roof

I had the day off today. I started out by tidying the kitchen, then I went out and planted some Wave Petunias which we had purchased on Tuesday. Then, since it was not too windy, I located an old can of primer spray paint and took it outside on the lawn. I used it to paint the corrugated roof piece that fits the curved roof. I had trimmed it down a bit before painting it. After the primer paint was dry, I started painting it with craft acrylics. I had studied the shack for a few days from various angles and distances, I decided the roof should be blue. Whodathunk! All along, the thing was colored aluminum, in my mind. But blue works, and it is a 'real' roofing color. Some of the farms around here have blue metal roofs on the outbuildings. (Some are green, some are red, some are white, and some are 'aluminum'.)

I sent a note to Greenleaf last night, asking how I can get another piece of corrugated roofing. The automatic response promised a reply within the next business day. I have heard nothing yet. If Greenleaf doesn't give me a solution, I guess that I will put something other than "metal" roofing on the lower roof. I just can't make myself put the roof on with the ribs going the wrong way!

Today's favorite tool: Foam paintbrush

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

I'm still trying to figure out how I will use my metal sheet to make my roof pieces. Can't wait to see yours! :-)