I squeezed in some time to work on the Greenleaf project. I finished varnishing the floors, and I worked on the ceiling light.
For the light, I had glued the "box" for it yesterday. I painted it white today. I made a cover out of vellum and paper, and worked out a way to attach it to ceiling in a way that it can be removed, so that bulbs can be replaced, if needed. It works kinda like a real fluorescent light fixture, but without hinges. I may take a picture of it later, after the ceiling looks more like a ceiling.
I drilled holes for the wires, and talked Ed into soldering.
I tested the lights, and one would not work. Ed confirmed that it was the fixture, not his soldering. He was able to fix it.
The lights all work! So, I finished assembling the light fixture. It can sit in clamps until tomorrow.
Today's favorite tool: Electrical engineer, armed with a soldering iron