Friday, July 31, 2009

gift card card

A friend of mine from high school has a daughter who is getting married next week. We cannot break away to travel to the wedding, but I do appreciate the invitation. (And I will miss the chance to see my friend, who I haven't seen for years! She moved across the country, and I seldom make it 'home', even though it is 'only' a 10-hour drive.)

This is the card we are sending to them. It is plum and cream, because the invitation was printed on cream paper with plum ink. I am guessing that plum is one of the bride's colors.



I wanted to send the bride and groom a gift of some sort, but not knowing what they need, I decided a gift card may be just what they can use.

The card I made for them holds a gift card. The layout for the card, with the little slot to hold a gift card, was shown to me by my Stampin' Up demonstrator, Pauline. She got the idea from Dawn' Stamping Thoughts, who showed how to make the card via a video demonstration. I changed the dimensions a bit, so that my card fits in an A2 envelope. The LOVE layer is popped up on dimensional dots, and it holds the card closed. The upper flap on the card folds down and tucks behind the LOVE layer.



The Applebee's gift card in the photos is not the card I will be sending to them. I need to run to the grocery store to see if I can find a Target gift card. (I can't run to Target to buy the card, since there is not one here, but there is one near where the bride and groom live. If I can't find the appropriate gift card, they may end up with an Applebee's gift card. ;-) )



Stuff used:

Stamps: LOVE and internal sentiment from old Inkadinkadoo "Wedding" set; Flower from Stampin' Up "Fifth Avenue Floral"
Paper: Classic Crest Neenah Classic Cream, Stampin' Up Pale Plum and Perfect Plum
Ink: Colorbox Frost White with Stampin' Up vanilla embossing powder
Other: Corner rounder punch, Stampin' Up Word Window punch, dimensional dots, red sticky tape

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love how the giftcard card has slots to tuck everything in. I wouldn't mind going to Applebee's as a new bride (no time to cook!).

Mary said...

Oh, and thanks for the Cake Wrecks link on the right-hand side of your blog. I've been looking forward to the wrecks daily for the past 2 weeks...a lot of chuckles and palm-to-forehead activity going on at my end!