Wednesday, July 8, 2009

TCPTUES66

This week's TCP Tuesday challenge is hosted by Susan, who challenged us to use one of Alma's newest sets, Happy Camper.

This set is so fun! All the stamps are adorable, so it was hard to choose which ones to use. I finally decided to use the Skunk stamp, like Susan did, because it fit the sketch I wanted to use. The layout is based on the SC236 sketch challenge over at splitcoaststampers. When I am in a card-making rut, the sketch challenges often helps me find a place to start. This time I actually stayed with the sketch.



I had to have the skunk hold a flower. Some flowers stink, so the flower and the sentiment go together nicely.

I used the flower stamp in three places-- I masked the skunk's hand so that the flower could be held; I made the background on the pink layer by randomly stamping the flower all over; and I also stamped the flower below the sentiment.

I like black, white, and pink together, and I had to add a bit of gray to make it feel right.

I made the skunk a girl skunk by coloring her stripe pink.

Stuff used:
Stamps: Skunk, flower, and sentiment all from "Happy Camper" set by The Cat's Pajamas Rubber Stamps
Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Black, Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink; gingham paper by Making Memories; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Ink: Versafine Onxy Black, Colorbox Frost White, Prismacolor pencils, Cool Gray 40% Prismacolor marker

3 comments:

MiniKat said...

So cute!! I love the stamp set. Skunk + flower is perfect!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

aaawww, how cute, alice! you're right, it's perfect for the sketch! love the pink/grays/black--so fun for a stinker like him! thanks for playing!

Carol said...

Oh Alice, the combination of these colors are so BEAUTIFULLY used, I really like the look of this card! And I am liking how you use fun fresh colors with this image and this set; the use of that flower image is PERFECTION!!! SO PRETTY! Great job!