Wednesday, July 29, 2009

raspberries

One of the few things I like about July is raspberries. When we moved into our house, one of the first things I planted were some raspberry canes. We didn't plant a lot, but we did plant enough canes so we can enjoy fresh berries most every summer. This year has been a pretty good year for our raspberries.



We usually enjoy our berries over ice cream (if there are a few berries) or under ice cream (if there are a lot of berries), but the other day, Ed suggested I purchase cream and make "those desert things". He meant shortcakes. Good idea! I forgot how pleasant it is to make old-fashioned, biscuit-type shortbread from scratch.

I left the shortcakes in the oven about a minute too long, so they were a little bit too brown, but Ed didn't seem to mind. He said it was a good meal. Yes, we had raspberry shortcake in place of dinner last night. We will eat something healthy tonight.

2 comments: