Monday, August 31, 2009

Card for Adam

My cats are members of a small email group for cats. The cats let the humans post too, if we behave ourselves. One of the humans, Adam, had surgery for a new kidney last week. Since Debby, another human, was able to provide his snail mail address, we can send a card.

I could have sent him one of the get-well cards I have made recently, but I wanted to make Adam a special one that is cat-themed. I don't know what colors Adam likes, so I hope that turquoise is a color that makes him feel good. Tigger and Pooh will be signing this card too, so they are represented on the front of the the card.



I used a 'canvas' background stamp to give the background some 'texure' and make the card look less hospital-white. It reminds me of gauze. I added some faux stitching, since I am sure that Adam had some sewing done on him!

Stuff used:
Stamps: Nurse Sprinkle, Little Sprinkle, "Nightie" alphabet letters all from The Cat's Pajamas; Canvas background by Stampin' Up
Paper: Papertrey Stamper's Select card base, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Versafine Onxy Black, Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise, White Gel pen, Prismacolor pencils
Other: Circle Nestabilites dies

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

Too cute! :-)

Amanda Winkelman said...

This card is super cute! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!