Thursday, August 13, 2009

Elizabeth's birthday card 2009

My niece's birthday is next week. We will be mailing her this card. There will be a check inside so she will have an excuse to go shopping!



The card turned out a little bit more girly-girl than I had planned. Pink can do that to a card. The dress, hat, and one bag are paper-pieced. I received the city skyline image in a grab bag of stamps, and when I saw it I knew I would use it with the shopper stamp some day. It can be fun to combine stamps from different companies.

Stuff used:
Stamps: "Melanie the Shopper (ATC sized)" by Rubber Romance, "City Skyline Silhouette" by Viva Las VegaStamps, Sentiment by Studio G
Paper: Patterned papers from "Euphoria" 6x6 paper pad by Basic Grey, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Stampin' Up Elegant Eggplant, Papertrey Stampers Select for card base
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Stampin' Up Elegant Eggplant, various Prisamcolor pencils, Prismacolor Cold Stone marker
Other: pink self-adhesive blings

1 comment:

Mary said...

Girly-girl is good! I like this card a lot both because it's pretty and because I like shopping :) That city skyline stamp must be pretty long to span across the whole card.