Thursday, August 27, 2009

TCPTUES73

This week's TCP challenge is hosted by Leigh, who challenged us to make a card using the colors Chocolate, Sky Blue, and Kiwi.

These are not colors that appeal to me, even though they still appear to be popular in the decorating world. I don't think I have ever really cared for sky blue. Kiwi is also not my favorite green. But as far as browns go, Chocolate is a good color. :-)

So, even though don't normally reach for these colors, I made them work for me. Viewing the Cat's Pajama's design team's contributions to this challenge helped me. Joanne used notebook paper on her card, and I liked how she used it to pull some sky blue into her card. I used quadrille graph paper with blue lines, and I punched the edge with a 'binding edge' punch to give it a 'torn from a notebook' look. I also colored the soup bowl sky blue.



I like how this card turned out. The layout is simple, and the colors are masculine, so it could be given to a man or anyone who doesn't care for a lot of frou-frou.

Stuff used:
Stamps: Chicken Soup and Better Get Better from the "You Sick Thing" set by the Cat's Pajamas
Paper: Quadrille paper, Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip and Kiwi Kiss
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia, Prismacolor pencils, Prismacolor Cold Stone marker
Other: Binding Edge border punch by EK Success, Circles and Pinking Circles Nestabilities dies

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

Love the chicken in the soup bowl. ;-) Very cool card!

Leigh OBrien said...

Hi Alice...great job! Especially going out of the box with colors that don't usually work for you. The chicken soup stamp is one of my faves. And the pinked circle and the notebook paper are perfect! Thanks for playing along!