Sunday, August 30, 2009

Copper Leopard Necklace

When Ed was at Michaels with me about a month ago, I was looking at pendants and Ed said I needed this leopard one. I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but I bought it, since it was on sale.

Because the pendant has an antique copper finish, it became a challenge to use it! I could have just hung it on a leather cord, but I wanted to do something more difficult.

I found some copper findings and some copper beads at Jo Ann. Then I got it into my mind to string the beads in "illusion" fashion--where beads seem to float on the wire. To do that, I needed crimp beads, not just any crimp beads, but antique copper crimp beads. Those were hard to find! I finally found some on eBay, so I had Ed order them for me. (He has an eBay ID. I do not.)

I used black seed beads and 'turquoise' beads from my stash to finish the necklace.

No comments: