Friday, August 14, 2009

TCPTUES71

This week's The Cat's Pajamas challenge is hosted by Carole, who challenged us to use this sketch. Her card started with a 6.5 x 3.25 inch card, so I used those dimensions too. It will fit in a standard envelope.

I started by finding a stamp that would fit in the small rectangular area. Some images are tall and skinny, some are about as wide as they are tall, but few are short and fat, so my choices were narrowed down quite quickly. I have loved this Poochie in his carrot car since I first laid eyes on him, but I have never actually used him! So, although he is in a spring stamp set, I am using him for an autumn card. The carrot background is from a spring stamp set too! Personally, I think of carrots in the late summer and fall, not in the spingtime, probably because Mom always had a garden, and I helped her harvest the veggies. By spring, the carrots were pretty rubbery, even when they were kept in a root cellar.



I put buttons over the wheels of the carrot car. Buttons on cards seem to be all the rage right now. I am not really into the trend. Using buttons means I need to get out my sewing supplies, (thread, needles) and if I go in my sewing room I may get sidetracked either by my supply of UFO quilts, or by the pile of shirts I need to iron. The quilts have the potential to pull me away from card making for weeks.

Stuff used:
Stamps: "Driving Mr. Carrot" from "Spring Fling", and "Watching Carrots" from "Beans & Bunnies & Peeps, Oh My!" sets both by The Cats Pajamas; sentiment from Stampin' Up's "Loads of Love Accessories" set
Paper: Neenah classic Crest Classic Cream, Stampin' Up Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, and Always Artichoke
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia, Colorbox Frost White, Stampin' Up Close to Cocoa, various Prismacolor pencils
Other: Corner rounder punch, vanilla embossing powder, Buttons from TCP "Great Outdoors" button mix, orange embroidery floss.

3 comments:

Cocodifre said...

This card is so cute. How did you ever come up with that idea. If fits perfectly with the TCP sketch.

Carol said...

Alice, this is such a great use of not only the sketch but of these images! GREAT idea!!! And makes for a very NICE and FUN card! great job!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Tee-hee! I love your cards, Alice -- you have a wonderful sense of humor that goes just perfectly with TCP's images! :)