Friday, August 7, 2009

TCPTUES70

This week's The Cat's Pajamas challenge is hosted by Susan, who challenged us to make a card using a cake stamp. There are various cake stamps available from The Cat's Pajamas, from birthday cakes to cupcakes. Picking which ones to use was the hard part for me! I loved how Susan combined sets and put a cupcake in the hand of a bear. Amy inspired me too, by using the "It's A Western Thing" set to have the cowboy Poochie shooting cupcakes. So, I decided to combine sets too, and have a cake be met by pirates!



It took me two days to make this card. Arr! I had the layout in my mind, and stamped the layers, then I had to run some errands and didn't get back to it. (But I thought about it while shopping for toiletries at Walmart.) The colors came to me, but things got changed around as I worked on the card. At first, I was thinking the mats would all be blue, but it looked too wimpy. Then I made the mat on the sentiment layer blue and the others were to be chocolate, but it looked too top heavy. Having all chocolate layers looked wrong. I finally swapped out the middle mat and made it blue. That felt right. I finished the card today.


I didn't go overboard with the layers and colors on this card, since I will be mailing it to my brother-in-law for his birthday next week. I had not come up with a card for him yet, so this challenge was timely.

Stuff used:
Stamps: All by The Cat's Pajamas, "Simon Sees", "Errol", "Yo! Ho! Ho!", "Shiver Me Timbers", (and "Swashbucklin Day" inside card) from the "Arrgh! Piratey set; "Think Cake" from "You Say It's Your Birthday" set; and "Cake no Plate" individual stamp
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar white; Stampin' Up Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, and Brocade Blue
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; Prismascolor pencils; Prismacolor Cold Stone marker; Stampin' Up Summer Sun (for candles glow), Chocolate Chip ink and Chocolate Chip marker for sentiment inside and signature & date on back of card
Other: Pencil eraser to server as a stamp to make the candles glow

No comments: