Thursday, January 22, 2009

TCPTUES42

This week's The Cat's Pajamas challenge is hosted by Karrie, who challenged us to make Valentine cards. This challenge was perfect, since I had already planned to make a Valentine card for Ed using my new TCP stamps, but I had not chosen which stamps to use, so this made me sit down and do it!



I colored the robot lavender and purple, and I paper-pieced the robot's right side (his right, not ours) with silver paper and I paper-pieced his heart too. His horizontal band is colored gold, just to make him even more metallic. I cut the heart-shaped main layer free-hand. The hearts on the robot and the one he is speaking are eccentric, so I figured the heart panel should be too. The white heart panel looked too stark, so I sponged some plum ink around the edges.

I based the layout of the card on the robot image, positioning the colors in the same locations that they are on the robot. I added 3 silver heart brads to the lavender panel, to mirror the 3 rivets on the robot's body. The purple layer is metallic and is from a stack of paper that Ed had encouraged me to buy when it was on sale at Michael's. The silver panel and the gold band are cut from metallic paper too.

Stuff used:
Stamps: All from The Cat's Pajama's "Loving Mew" set: Love Robot, Love Speak, Love Machine
Paper: DCVW The Metallic Stack; Stampin' Up: Elegant Eggplant and Pale Plum; Curious Metallics Galvanized and Gold Leaf; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White
Ink: Palette French Lilac, SU Pale Plum, Prismacolor pencils, Prismacolor Cold Stone marker
Other: Brads from Making Memories

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

Too cute! Love the lavender tones.