Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ed's birthday card

Ed's birthday is Friday, and this is the card I made for him.



This is the inside:



You know you are old when...
you and your teeth don't sleep together.

When I saw this set of stamps by Gina K, I thought of Ed. He is older than I am by a number of years, and I get to tease him about it from time to time. The 'teeth' sentiment and image are particularly pertinent right now, since he is still waiting for our dentist who is waiting on the new, hopefully better, lab to get Ed's new teeth built (implants).

About the card:
I was going to use the teeth image on the background of the card, but I changed my mind so as to not give away the punchline before the card was opened. I used a variety of colors to color the main image, just to poke fun at Ed's fashion sense. (Actually, he has a good feel for colors on cards and quilts, but his clothes don't always coordinate properly, probably because he dresses for work in the morning when he is still asleep.)

Stuff used:
Stamps: All by Gina K: You Know You Are Old When set
Paper: Stampinp Up: Brocade Blue and Bashful Blue; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Papertrey Stampers Select (card base); printed paper by Paper Pizazz
Ink: Palette Noir, Prismacolor Pencils, Prismacolor Cold Stone marker

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

I love it! :-)

Jenny Gropp said...

heheheeee -- I keep eyeing this set from Gina K!