Friday, January 30, 2009

Good luck, Manfred

Yesterday I attended yet another farewell lunch for a coworker. However, this time it was two people leaving us, and they were from my team. Our section has lost over 1/3 of our staff in the last year. When we were understaffed to start with, this is a problem.

This card is for one of the guys, Manfred, who left. He was with us over 10 years. He is headed just down the road to work for Northwest River Supplies. This is a good company, and I know some of the IT people there. I feel it will be a good fit, so I am genuinely happy for Manfred.

Since Northwest River Supplies deals in paddle sports, I put a raft on Manfred's card. I even drew the NRS logo on the raft. When I see rafts in commercials or in movies or whatnot, I am always looking for the NRS logo. :-)



Inside, I wrote "Good luck with your new adventure."

Stuff used:

Stamps: rafters by Rubberstamp Ave; Sentiment by PapertreyInk
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Stampin' Up Bashful Blue and Brocade Blue
Ink: Palette Noir, Prismacolor Pencils
Other: Provocraft wavy edge scissors

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

Very cool. I've never seen a card with a raft on it before. I like it. :-)