Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Birthday card for Mom

I made this card for Mom's birthday. I need to mail it tomorrow.


Mom likes green. I chose to make a serene card. Dad is not doing well, so I wanted Mom's card to be soft and soothing, since she has a lot on her mind and is probably stressed from worry.

I stamped leaves on the checked pattern paper, and stamped the flower on the other background paper. I put Stickles (glitter glue) on the flower's stamens.

Stuff used:
Stamps: Stampin' Up: Embrace Life, Birthday Greetings (retired long ago)
Paper: SU: Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla; patterned papers from Provocraft Slab III
Ink: Timber Brown Stazon; SU: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose; Prismacolor pencils
Other: Sheerly Yours ribbon from Michaels, Patina Stickles

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

It's absolutely lovely. I've obviously never met her, but I'm sure she will love it. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, ready for spring...
May