Friday, January 2, 2009

TCPTUES39

Notice the bright yellow image over there? ------------------> (Well, it is gone now, since it is no longer January, but you can see it below.)

I was soooooo excited when I found out I am the Swanky Stamper of the Month for January.

Even though I won this honor, I intend to keep doing the Cat's Pajamas weekly challenges. Why? Because they are fun to do! I held off making my card this week, in the hopes that my order of new TCP stamps would arrive before Saturday. It is always fun to play with brand new stamps!

The challenge this week is hosted by Leigh, and it is a sketch challenge.

I made my card smaller than usual. It measures 3x3 inches. Since most of the stamps in the new sets I purchased are smallish, I made the card smaller to showcase the main image better.



Stuff used:
Stamps: All stamps from "Loving Mew" Clearly Swanky set by The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Palette Noir, Stampin' Up Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Stampin' Up Regal Rose and Rose Red
Other: dimensional foam dots to pop up the main image, Nestabilities Long Rectangle dies

Edges of all layers were sponged in pink ink. The scallops were made with Nestabilites dies, but I changed the proportions of rectangles by running the rose paper through once, lining it up, and running it through the die cutter again. (I saw tutorials on how to do this, after I figured it out on my own.)

5 comments:

MiniKat said...

Congratulations on the Swanky Stamper award! I love this week's card. Awesome as always!

Rachel V. said...

Your card is just wonderful!! I can definitely see why you're the Swanky Stamper of the Month!!!! Congrats!

Leigh OBrien said...

Another purrr-fect card, Alice. Congrats to you, you Swanky Stamper you! Love your sweet, sweet card.
Happy New Year,
Leigh

Alma de la Rosa said...

Awesome card, Alice!

Jenny Gropp said...

Congrats to you Swanky Stamper!!! Meow! Great card!