Tuesday, March 31, 2009

TCPTUES52

This week's TCPTUES challenge is hosted by Toni. It is an inspiration challenge, and we are to be inspired by this colorful picture of pencils.

I was first drawn to the hexagonal layout of the pencils and envisioned a card full of circles laid out honey-comb style. However, while flipping though my TCP stamps, my direction changed. The Western Star stamp is similar in shape the end of a pencil, so I decided to use it. Then, remembering that I still wanted to try this week's Clean and Simple challenge over at Splitcoaststampers, I decided to use the layout from the CAS08 challenge, and plunked Catch 'Em Kitty down into a row of stars.
I used craft paper, because it looks something like wood. I used colors inspired by the pencils in row 4. I used colored pencils, which I could say are also inspired by the inspiration piece, but that isn't really true, since colored pencils are my favorite way to color cards.

T0 complete the card, I pierced holes around the stars (there are dots on the stamped image) then I pierced holes between teh elements to tie them all together. When Ed saw the card, he said I "shot holes" in the card. He totally got the western theme. He deserves a star.



Stuff Used:
Stamps: Western Star, Catch 'Em Kitty, and Much Obliged all from The Cat's Pajamas "It's a Western Thing" clearly swanky set
Paper: craft ("Speckletone" from Paperzone)
Ink:Versafine Onxy Black, Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol

1 comment:

toners said...

Alice, fantastic job! I love the stamps and colors you chose :) Thank you for playing along again!