Monday, March 16, 2009

CAS06

The Clean and Simple challenge over at Splitcoatstampers this week is an inspiration challenge, based on anything we find to inspire us on the Robeez web site. Robeez are baby shoes. I chose these shoes. Kitties always inspire me.

I have too many cat stamps to count, but I didn't have any cartoonish ones which would work. So, I chose this little cat stamp. I had the layout of the card in mind, so I wanted to use a cat stamp that had a flat bottom so it could sit on the border.

I picked up on the colors of the shoes, and the pink cats being outlined with brown. The stitched ball of yarn on the shoes prompted me to use faux stitching on my card.



Stuff used:
Stamps: Cat from Purrs and Pants, Sentiment from Spring Fling set by The Cat's Pajamas
Paper: Stampin' Up Pink Pirouette and Chocolate Chip
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip, pink colored pencil
Accessories: McGill flower punch (I bought the punch ages ago to make miniature flowers)

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

That card is too cute for words! What a neat challenge idea.

Anonymous said...

Luv the cute kitty card with mini flowers punch....maybe next time you'll make mini flowers too...hee hee....hint...hint...
;)May