Thursday, March 5, 2009

TCPTUES48

This week's The Cat's Pajamas challenge is hosted by Toni. It is an inspiration challenge, based on this picture of some bedding found at the Pottery Barn Teen website.

For my card, first I was inspired by the colors. Then I looked closer and saw how the pillow made of of panels of fabric, which were quilted. The whole thing was a bed, so I used a stamp of a bed. The only thing the Pottery Barn picture is missing is a cat on the bed.

No patterned paper was used to make this card. All of the stamps I used on my card are from The Cat's Pajamas. I masked, stamped and sponged each of the 5 areas of the background piece. Then I scored lines between each of the 5 patterns, and scored 2 more quilting lines on each column. I edged the layers in blue, to pick up on the blue binding on the pillow. I cut the focal layer by hand. Needing something else, I added brads. I didn't have blue ones of the right color, and I really wanted to use flower-shaped brads, so I put blue circles behind them to bring the card into balance.



Stuff used:
Stamps: All by the Cat's Pajamas: Sick Sprinkle, Dogtor's Orders (selectively inked for the seniment), Solid Quasar (column 4), Round Vase (selectively inked for column 2), swirly border (column 1) and spiral (columns 2 and 5) from "Smells Like Cake" set, and sparkles (column 3) from "You Say It's Your Birthday" set
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Stampin' Up: Certainly Celery and Brilliant Blue
Ink: Versafine Onxy Black, Stampin' Up: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue; SU markers in the same 4 colors, Prismacolor pencils
Other: flower brads from Making Memories, 1/2 circle punch, 1/16 hole punch, Scor-Pal, sticky notes for masking, sponge for sponging

4 comments:

MiniKat said...

Love it! It looks very much like the pillow from the picture, which was probably your intension.

Spardha said...

Cute Card!

Carol said...

OMG; love how you made your own pattern paper with those YUMMY TCP stamps, wow they look GREAT! I also scored my lines but i like how you used one single paper... and that pillow looking frame is AWESOME, goes nicely with that stamp.... you just did a great job...

toners said...

Alice, this is adorable!! Fabulous job using the inspiration piece; I love it!!