Thursday, March 26, 2009

chalk lines card

Last week, Pauline, my Stampin' Up demonstrator (and friend!) showed us a technique called "Chalk Lines". She found the instructions on Dawn's Stamping Thoughts blog. Dawn has a video how to do the technique. We made our cards look like Dawn's card. We all liked it! We wondered how it would look to use different colors than the orange and pink that we used. Pauline challenged us to make "chalk lines" cards using a different color combination. This way, we can all try it and share our results next time. We won't meet again until May, but I was eager to try my own card right away. Here it is:



Totally different look!

Stuff used:
Stamps: Stampin' Up Wanted
Paper: SU Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Really Rust
Ink: SU Basic Brown, chalks (brand unknown, I bought them before I started buying SU stuff)
Other: SU Word Window punch, Fiskars star punch, eraser

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

I like this one. the colors are fantastic and the textural elements really stand out.

MiniKat said...

When I do the gift bags rooms I use a 3/16" thick foam core board to add support.

-measure three sides of the bag and subtract .5" from the total

-cut that length of foam core

- measure in from the edges (whatever your bag depth is) and cut through the foam core top paper layer and the foam only; don't cut through the bottom layer of paper

This is a method I learned in a workshop in St. Louis. It works great.