Thursday, December 11, 2008

Merfamily

This card is for my niece. For Christmas, she requested a subscription to an art magazine. I ordered the subscription for her, and since a "Gift Subscription" was not an available option, the only thing I have to prove that she is getting the gift is a copy of the invoice. I will 'wrap' the copy of the invoice in this card, so that she will have something fun to open on Christmas morning. "Art" from Aunt Alice. I don't make 'scenery' cards very often. I should, because they are fun to do!

The characters in the scene represent my family. Mer-Ed, Mer-Alice, Mer-Tigger and Mer-Pooh. (Tigger is in back. He is bigger than Pooh.) I used a reversing stamp to reverse one "Cat Fish" stamp. This card required a lot of masking.



Supplies used:

Stamps: Merman, mermaid, Cat Fish, and shoreline by Rubber Stamp Avenue; grass and ground stamps from Stampin' Up's long-retired Scenery Set
Paper: Classic Crest Solar White, SU Chocolate Chip, SU Handsome Hunter
Ink: Palette Noir, Prismacolor pencils, black marker to fill in missing bits
Technique: Masking, doodling, coloring with pencils

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

That is just too cool! She will love it! :-)