I am still working on the furniture every day.
I finished varnishing the bed and I wove the mattress support on Saturday. I finished the chest on Sunday. The drawers all open.
All the fabric parts for the canopy are cut and the edges are finished. I marked the valence's pleats with pins, ironed them, and pinned them in place. With all the pins holding the pleats, handling the valence is dangerous work!
The drapes for the canopy are to be gathered. In this picture, you can see that I ran two rows of basting stitches across the top edge, and pulled up the gathers. The center is marked with a pin.
The next step will be at the ironing board, where the fabric will be pinned into the correct shape and steamed. Some people use hairspray to hold pleats in fabric. I find that steam works well, if I can wait overnight for it to dry, plus it doesn't smell as bad as hairspray!