Saturday, September 26, 2009

TCPTUES77

This week's TCP challenge is hosted by Joanne, who challenged us to make a card using the colors Black, Melon Pink, Pumpkin.

Stampin' Up has a new melon color, and it does look okay with the company's Pumpkin Pie color, but I only have a little swatch of the new color. I ordered the new colors from my demonstrator, but the order is not here yet. So, I had to look in my tiny designer paper stash for a melon paper. I had some paper that was sort of melon color, but when I paired it with pumpkin paper, it looked like puke. So, I chose to use a pink paper that was a bit less melon-colored.

I didn't have much free time this week, so I didn't get to my card until today. Therefore, I kept it fairly simple, and used my favorite stamp, Sprinkle. She is like my little black dress of rubber stamps. Dress her up, or keep her simple--she is always in style.



Stuff used:
Stamps: "Large Sprinkle" and "What's New" both by The Cat's Pajamas Rubber Stamps
Ink: Versafine Onxy Black, Colorbox Frost White, Prismacolor pencils, Millennium black marker
Paper: Georgia Pacific white; Printed paper from DCWV Spring 4x6 Mat stack; Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black
Other: Circle Nestabilities dies, white embossing powder

1 comment:

Carol said...

Alice, I really like the way that sentiment looks on black; and how you used these colors on this card! very NICE! Sprinkle looks nice and boldly accented, great job!