25 Random Things Meme
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to publish a blog post with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose up to 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
I am not tagging anyone, since people who check my blog with any regularity are people who don't have blogs.
Here goes, 25 random things about me:
- I hate it when people call me "Alison". (I am Alice, not Alison, Allyson, or anything else with a "son" on the end.)
- My favorite color to wear is purple, but I didn't like the purple when I was a child. I use purple as a neutral color in quilts
- My DH has never told me, "I love you".
- I ended up in the hospital for weird surgeries both years my sister's children were born.
- There are words that I like because they sound neat to me. Some of them are: Serengeti, Cheyenne, Acacia.
- My paternal grandfather was shot and killed when he was hunting.
- I love cats. Big cats, small cats, wild cats, house cats. I love them all.
- I do not like butterflies. They totally creep me out, with the caterpillars and pupae and the whole metamorphosis thing.
- The middle toe on my right foot is shorter than those on either side of it.
- Mom and I have two identical moles, located in the same places on our legs.
- Since I work in IT, some email friends expect me to "know computers". Much of the time I haven't a clue.
- My favorite veggie is broccoli.
- I love socks. Especially fun ones with cute patterns knit into them. I don't know how many pair I have, but they fill more than 2 drawers.
- I go to the mall only when I absolutely have to.
- Since I make cards, I have not set foot in a Hallmark store in close to 10 years.
- I like fiber arts. Quilting is my favorite, and have done sewing, knitting, crochet, embroidery (crewel and cross stitch), weaving (took a class in college) and I tried bobbin lace, but I couldn't get the hang of tatting.
- I quilt to collect fabric.
- My dad was born and raised in Pekin, Illinois, and his family moved to Washington state so that his dad could work on the Manhattan Project.
- My 6th grade reading teacher took the joy out of reading for me, and I didn't enjoy it again until I was in my mid 20's.
- I think it is so cool that President Obama has two girls. I am one of two girls, so the Obamas seem like a real family to me.
- I believe that evolution is a fact, not just a theory. How we were created and why were created are two separate discussions.
- My oldest rubber stamp is one my Dad used in the army to mark his belongings. It says, "B-5880".
- One of my miniatures was shown on the front cover of the Miniature Digest, which is NAME's newsletter. I was surprised about it, since a club member had sent in the picture. (My local club no longer exists.)
- Home is my favorite place to be.
- We got a Wii for Christmas. I never thought we would get a game system, nor that I would get addicted to a game. Below is my Mii, in her sexy racing jumpsuit, after winning medals in all the cups in Mario Kart.