Friday, November 21, 2008

coworker cards


Marty, a guy I work with, is leaving for another job. Even though he drives me crazy at times, I will miss him. He has shown me kindness at times when I needed an ally at work. Marty may appreciate the fact that this is an "Alice" card. We were talking about Alice's Adventures in Wonderland recently. I had commented that something was "Curiouser and Curiouser", and he understood the reference.

Below is the inside of the card. I hope that Marty understands that the butterfly has changed from the hookah-smokin' caterpillar (as I call him, thanks to Jefferson Airplane) on the front of the card.

Inside, I wrote, "Marty, Change is good. However, I will miss you. Good luck with your new job."

Supplies used:
Stamps: "Alice" stamps by Rubberstamp Ave, butterfly by PFY
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Stampin' Up Mellow Moss and Creamy Caramel
Ink: Palette Noir, Prismacolor pencils, Prismacolor Cold Stone marker
Other: Petite Oval Nestabilities


The card below is a thank you card for Manfred, another co-worker. He and I worked on a small project, which took more time than it should have since there were a few problems that we didn't foresee. Manfred kept me in the loop pretty well, and I want him to know I appreciated his work. He will also be covering for me when I take time off for Thanksgiving.



Supplies used:
Stamps: Inkadinkado (Dollar bin at Joann)
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Only Orange, Brilliant Blue
Ink: Palette Noir, Prismacolor pencils, Prismacolor Cold Stone marker
Other: Stampin' Up oval punch and Word Window punch; Long Rectangle Nestabilities (modified)

1 comment:

MiniKat said...

I love the Alice in Wonderland card. You did a great job with the colors.