Friday, August 13, 2010

Elizabeth's birthday card


This is the other card that I made on Wednesday. It is a birthday card for my niece's 21st birthday. She will be able to listen to bands in clubs where she was not able to go before (legally).

I thought that the cocktail glass was fitting, but I also wanted to remind her to not overdo it. The bear inside the card has a "hangover icepack" on his head.


A month ago, I was not able to hold an X-acto knife. This week, I am able to use one to cut paper.

A month ago, I could not use scissors in my right hand. This week, I can cut paper well enough to do some paper-piecing. I still can't cut shapes that have a lot of inward cuts. But I was able to cut around the bear's belly and the balloons to make them from patterned paper.

I wish my hands didn't shake when they get tired. But they have come a long way from being completely paralyzed 8 months ago.

Supplies used:
Stamps: All stamps by The Cat's Pajamas: A Beary Good Year, Coolvetica, You Say It's Your Birthday
Paper: Stampin Up Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Whisper White; Classic Crest Solar White; patterned paper from DCWV Indian Summer Fall Matstack
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia, Prismacolor pencils
Other: Oval Nestabilities

2 comments:

MiniKat said...

Both new cards look fantastic. Even better is the fact that you've been able to create again. I hope this is a sign of more good things to come for you and thus I shall keep my fingers and toes crossed that you'll keep getting better.

Anonymous said...

Cute card, esp. inside the card, the bear with the ice pak....
ha ha.....

May