Thursday, July 2, 2009

TCPTUES65

This week's The Cat's Pajamas card challenge is hosted by Jen, who challenged us to use the color combination of Teal, Sunshine, and Raspberry.

I don't have any inks or papers that are technically called "Raspberry", so I had to make due with what I have.

It is funny that these colors were screaming for me to use the "Relaxing" stamp with Sprinkle in her floatie with her favorite beverage. But after seeing that many of the TCP design team members used that stamp for this week's challenge, I decided to challenge myself to do something different. Sprinkle did insist on being on this card, though. I even stamped her 9 times! Cats do have 9 lives, after all.



I had the layout of the card in my mind before I worked on it. I calculated all the measurements so that the borders would all be even. Then as I was cutting square after square and tossing them onto the card front in their approximate locations, I decided that I liked the wonky placement. I had already glued the "Meow" part of the card by the time I made this decision, so I let the Meow be orderly. The squares with the pink mats are all lined up "properly" too, so there is some continuity.

Stuff used:
Stamps: The Cat's Pajamas "Little Sprinkle", and letters from the "Nightie" set
Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, Stampin' Up Summer Sun and Taken With Teal, Pink paper from unknown source
Ink: Versafine Onxy Black, Palette Claret

1 comment:

Alma de la Rosa said...

So very clever! I especially love the one at the bottom peeking out!