Wednesday, October 22, 2008

TCPTUES30

The Cats Pajamas Tuesday challenge is hosted by Katie this week.

We were to challenge to make a card using any Poochie stamp. I chose to use Poochie on Crutches and make a get well card. I pulled the colors from the ribbon. When I saw this ribbon in a scrapbook store in Spokane earlier this month, I had to buy it since I thought it would go well with my stamps that Alma (owner of The Cat's Pajamas) calls "Quasars". Matching the ribbon to paper I have on hand was not easy. I think the blue would go great with the new blue from Stampin Up, but I don't have that color yet. (My demonstrator did give me samples of this years In Colors to go on my color swatch ring.) While working on this card, I realized that the Poochie image has parts of quasars in it. Poochie's crutch is shaped like a quasar ray, and his ears are quarter quasars! I clipped the corners of the Poochie Layers to mirror the quasar shape.

This card measures 6.5 x 3.25 inches, which fits in a regular envelope.



Supplies used:

Stamps all by The Cat's Pajamas: Poochie on Crutches, Solid Quasar, Quasar, Dogtor's Orders
Ink: Palette Noir, Colorbox Frost White, and Stamping Up: Tempting Turquoise, Creamy Caramel, Prismacolor pencils, Cold Stone Prismacolor marker
Paper: Classic Crest Solar White, Stampin Up: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: ribbon (unknown maker), brads from Oriental Trading Company
Tools: 1/2" circle punch, 1/16" punch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable card! I love the colors! Thanks for playing along with TCP Tuesday!